January 24, Monday: Earliest arrival date for reduced room rate
January 26, Wednesday: pre-conference attendees must arrive on or before
January 27th, Thursday: pre-conference sessions and arrival of regular conference attendees
January 28th and 29th, Friday and Saturday: regular conference
January 30th, Sunday: guests travel home
February 1, Tuesday: last day to check out at reduced room rate
You may come early and stay late. Your cost for each extra night at the resort is $205.
The conference will be equal parts professional learning, retreat and recreation.
The keynote speakers are national and international authors, speakers and leaders in the movement to improve teaching and learning and support school leaders. They will push your thinking and help you be an even more effective leader.
- Yvonne Caamal Canul, Leadership Passcode, will share her insightful and refreshing book on the human side of successful leadership from the perspective of an experienced and widely respected educator. The Leadership Passcode: Unlock the Heart of School Leadership provides an insightful and refreshing perspective on school leadership - both the science and the craft. Based on the author's 40+ year career as a widely respected educator, and her background as a "third culture kid," her professional narrative guides current and aspiring leaders on a fascinating journey towards developing a deeper understanding of what better school leadership can look like.
- Mike Rutherford, nationally recognized leader in helping principals improve teacher practice, will share his experience and lessons learned with SAM teams. Mike, a highly entertaining and skilled professional presenter, provides concrete and easy to apply ideas and approaches guaranteed to help leaders be more effective each day.
- Andy Hargreaves, University of Ottawa, Boston College, international education leader, activist and change agent, comes to the SAM Conference to share Five Paths of Student Engagement. By integrating psychological and sociological perspectives, and using inspiring examples from seven years of research, this book delves deeply into the what, why, and how of student engagement. It reveals who and what the true enemies of student engagement are and shows you how to defeat them.
- Willow Sweeney and Paul Bernabei, Top Twenty Training, authors and nationally recognized leaders in social emotional learning and leadership, return to the SAM Conference for a delightful, humorous, reflective, and unique keynote session: If I Knew Then What I Know Now.
- David Horsager, author, and international business leadership speaker, returns to the SAM conference to share his newest work, The Trusted Leader. David's enthusiasm is contagious and his work helping business executives easily transfers to school leaders.
- Jimmy Casas, national presenter, and author will share his new book, Handle with Care: Managing Difficult Situations in Schools with Dignity and Respect, and how this can make your work even more effective.
Note: Two additional keynote session speakers will be announced mid-September.
This conference will include breakout sessions featuring both national presenters and current SAM Team members. If you are interested in being a breakout session presenter complete the one- page interest form at this link: https://bit.ly/3kSMFsF
Breakout sessions will be announced December 1, and registered attendees will be invited to make their preference selections.
The $2,295 conference fee covers the main conference and is not included in most service agreements. The fee is all-inclusive: hotel room for up to three nights, resort use, ground transportation, meals, beverages and entertainment, books, and conference materials.
(Betty Lindauer will confirm your registration upon receipt of this form and will provide an invoice. You must provide a purchase order within 30 days in order to keep your registration active. Otherwise, you will be placed on the wait list for this conference.)
The $795 pre-conference fee includes the pre-conference, an additional night at the resort, meals and materials.
The National SAM Conference is for active SAM team members. Active teams have SAM Daily Meetings, schedule at/above goal and use their data regularly. Many SAM teams elect to bring others from their leadership teams.