Featured Keynote Speakers:
The keynote speakers are national and international authors, speakers and leaders in the movement to improve teaching and learning and support school leaders. They will push your thinking and help you be an even more effective leader.
- Baruti Kafele Former principal, speaker and author of numerous school leadership books, Baruti is known as a transformative speaker who helps educators assess their practice to find "discomfort within their comfort".
- John Antonetti* Former principal, author and acclaimed humorous motivational and leadership speaker, John returns to the national conference to talk about how technology can be used to increase positive and effective student engagement.
- Andy Hargreaves* International advocate for improving schools for all children, researcher and humorous speaker, Andy returns to the national conference to share his life story and lessons learned that can inform your leadership work.
- Emily Balcetis Social psychologist, professor and author Emily Balcetis comes to the conference to share her work on how seemingly small differences in perception, whether conscious or nonconscious, can have potentially major consequences for leaders.
- Kim Marshall and Jenn David-Lang Authors, leaders and remarkable school change agents Kim Marshall and Jenn David Lang return to the conference to share their second book on using The Marshall Memo to improve practice and outcomes.
- Ken Williams* Former principal, speaker, author and change agent, Ken returns to the national conference to address what needs to happen now in our schools to end systemic racism and inequity.
- LaVonna Roth* International speaker, author and constant advocate for a positive approach, LaVonna returns to the national conference to share her new book and ideas for engaging students effectively by centering on social and emotional learning.
*will also host an all-day pre-conference workshop
The $1,995 conference fee covers the main conference and is included in many district and school SAM service agreements. This includes hotel room for up to three nights, resort use, ground transportation, meals, beverages and entertainment Thursday night through Saturday night, books, and conference materials.
(Betty Lindauer will confirm your registration upon receipt of this form and will notify you of costs covered/not covered by your current service agreement. If not, you must provide a purchase order within 30 days in order to keep your registration active. Otherwise, you will be placed on the wait list for this conference.)
The $795 pre-conference fee is generally not included in school or district service agreements. It includes the pre-conference, an additional night at the resort, meals and materials.
The National SAM Conference is for active SAM team members. Active teams have SAM Daily Meetings, schedule at/above goal and use their data regularly. Many SAM teams elect to bring others from their leadership teams.